Moved to Hopetown

The weather cooperated today and we left Green Turtle in about 10 knots from the west, which made for a very easy pass thru the Whale cut.  This area is impassable when the seas are running, but you never would have known it today.  There was probably less than 2 foot seas.  If the tide hadn’t been falling and we wanted to get into Hopetown we could have just sailed but as it was we motorsailed and got into Hopetown on about 1.5 foot falling tide.  We had at least 6″ to spare!  We picked up a mooring just off the Hopetown light and will wait out some windy weather here over the next couple of days.  The wifi connection here seems to be slow today so no pictures, but hopefully tomorrow.
001
The Hopetown Light003The Harbour

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s